LOVE IS LOUDER WEEK 2018.
Lately, it feels like there is too much focus on the ways we’re divided, and not enough focus on the things that connect us. Online and in our daily lives, so much of the conversation is about our differences, instead of celebrating our unique backgrounds and perspectives. That’s why we’re launching the first annual LOVE IS LOUDER WEEK from Friday, November 9th to Monday, November 19th.
Here’s how you can join us…
1. COMMIT TO USING YOUR VOICE TO AMPLIFY LOVE & SUPPORT
Start by making a commitment to use this week to think about all the ways you can help amplify messages and stories about love and support. Complete the form below to join us and we’ll send you emails throughout the week with ideas for making a positive impact.
2. CONNECT WITH OUR COMMUNITY AND SPREAD THE WORD.
Follow Love is Louder on social media and share your commitment to participate in Love is Louder Week 2018. Right click on one of the images below, save it and then share with the tags @LoveisLouder and #LoveisLouder.
WHAT IS LOVE IS LOUDER WEEK?
- We all have the ability – as individuals, businesses, organizations, communities and campuses – to use our words and actions to make a positive impact on our community. During Love is Louder Week, we want everyone to think about how you can use your reach, voice, talents and resources to help make your community more resilient, supportive, connected and inclusive.
- We believe that, together, we can turn down the volume on negative, divisive and harmful noise, and amplify positive messages that will help our communities heal, connect and grow stronger.
- This past year, The Jed Foundation has had more requests than ever from campuses and communities who want to use Love is Louder programs, events and resources to tackles issues like bullying, discrimination, body image, loneliness and depression. Love is Louder Week is also a time for us to raise funds together to support this important work.
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED?
- INDIVIDUALS: By signing up using the form below, you’re committing to use your voice and talents to amplify messages that bring us together, make us stronger and improve our communities. We’ll be sending you information between now and November 9th on different ways you can get involved. We’ll also send you ideas for easy ways you can fundraise to help us bring Love is Louder to more campuses and communities. You can get started by following us on social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook) and stocking up on #LoveisLouder gear in our store.
- BUSINESSES: All types of businesses – retail stores, gyms, salons, financial institutions, professional service providers – play an important role in the lives of your customers and employees. How can you use that role to make your constituents feel more connected and supported? And how can you use your each to make your community more connected, supported and inclusive. Sign-up below and we’ll send you tools and ideas to start planning!
- CAMPUSES AND ORGANIZATIONS: When your students and members feel connected, engaged, appreciated and supported, they become more productive parts of the larger community. Take a look at the #LoveisLouder Actions below and think about which ones align with your mission and goals. How can you integrate some of the actions and event/program ideas into your existing outreach and activities. Sign-up below and we’ll periodically share ways that other organizations are planning to get involved with Love is Louder Week.
GET STARTED BY CHECKING OUT THE #LOVEISLOUDER ACTIONS AND EVENT/PROGRAM IDEAS BELOW.
WHAT CAN YOU DO DURING LOVE IS LOUDER WEEK TO AMPLIFY YOUR POSITIVE IMPACT?
Love is Louder is all about the simple actions we can take as individuals and communities to feel more resilient, connected and supported. Below are some of the core actions we promote through our work and that you can integrate into your Love is Louder Week activities. You can also download our Action Kit for a checklist that will help you start planning!
EVENT & ACTIVITY IDEAS FOR
LOVE IS LOUDER WEEK 2018!
GROUP ART PROJECTS
GALLERY OR ART SHOWS
VOLUNTEER & FUNDRAISING ACTIVITIES:
Join our email list below for more ideas and opportunities to bring #LoveisLouder events to your campus, community or workplace.
JOIN THE LOVE IS LOUDER COMMUNITY
CONNECT WITH US