#LOVEISLOUDER WHEN WE…
Alyssa Milano has partnered with Love is Louder, and advocates and organizations from around the world to crank the volume up on love and acceptance this Valentine’s Day.
#LoveisLouder When We… will amplify empathy, compassion and tolerance, and overpower prejudice, insults and online harassment. Together, we’re using our voices, social media platforms and resources to help raise awareness and funds for initiatives like the Southern Poverty Law Center’s “Teaching Tolerance Project” and Love is Louder’s online and campus-based programs, to inspire young people to embrace the diversity of our world’s cultures and practice tolerance, respect and acceptance in their daily lives – on and offline.
And we need you to join the movement.
“Every day, we experience posts and video content on social media that depict hateful behavior and vitriol. Sometimes it feels like the stories of humans mistreating each other and angry rhetoric are the only thing we can hear. The fact remains – there is still so much more love than hate in our world.”Alyssa Milano
The entire Love is Louder community is sending love to anyone struggling today because of violence, hate or discrimination. If you’re feeling overwhelmed or hopeless, you aren’t alone. If you’re worried about yourself or a friend, text START to 741-741 for a free, confidential conversation anytime. Visit JED and MTV’s Half of Us campaign for more ways to get help help and feel better.
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Create a short video (60 seconds max) that finishes the statement “#LoveisLouder when we __________” using a positive story of hope and help that you’ve seen or experienced.
- Post your video to social media with the hashtag #LoveisLouder on Valentine’s Day and search the tag to retweet and post other people’s stories.
- Send digital Valentines to friends, family and your online community that reminds them that that are celebrated, respected and supported. Check out our TOOLKIT for digital cards and images you can share via social.
- Make a donation to the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Teaching Tolerance Project or The Jed Foundation’s Love is Louder programming.
- Order a limited edition “Love is is Louder than Hate” shirt (image below) that will support both the Teaching Tolerance Project and Love is Louder’s programming.
JOIN THE LOVE IS LOUDER COMMUNITY
CONNECT WITH US